STAY CREATIVE with COLOR IN KIND: Marbled Paper Eggs
Let’s get crafty and make some marbled paper eggs for Easter! This is a super fun and festive activity to do with your kids at home with some basic supplies that you likely already have!
Here’s what you need:
- White Construction Paper or Card Stock
- Large Baking Tray
- Shaving Cream
- Food Coloring
- Fork or Craft Stick
Here’s how to make it:
1. First, cut your white paper or card stock out in the shape of an egg. Feel free to make them as large
or as small as you want and make as many or as little as you want. The more, the better, especially
for your little one! We made 12!
2. Line your baking tray with foil to make for an easy clean up later!
3. Shake your shaving cream and spray the foil with one generous layer of shaving cream. Your little one is going to love this step!
4. Pick out the colors for your marbled egg and start to drop a few layers of food coloring all over the foil.
5. Using a fork, craft stick or any utensil, move up, down, sideways and in any direction to create the design that you want!
6. Take an individual cut out of your egg and gently place it in the shaving cream. Press gently and tap it until the entire paper egg has made contact with the shaving cream.
7. Lift your egg after a few quick seconds and put it aside to dry.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all of your eggs have been colored!
9. Once you’re done, take a craft stick or any utensil and scrape off the excess shaving cream.
10. Let them dry & voila – you’ve got marbled paper eggs!
home, playroom or kid’s bedroom with!
We absolutely love crafting with our little ones and hope you do too. If you want to see a quick video of how to make these marbled eggs, follow us on Instagram for a quick tutorial!
If you’re social, tag us in your creations and show us what you made! You can tag us @colorinkind or with hashtag #staycreativewithcolorinkind.